What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to restore volume loss, smooth lines and wrinkles, plump and hydrate lips, and soften creases. Dermal fillers can also enhance facial contours like the chin and jawline. This can be a cost-effective way to look younger without surgery or downtime.
What fillers do you offer at Premier?
Most commonly, we use Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers. Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance that is already found in our bodies. HA helps keep the skin hydrated and plump. This type of filler is soft and gel-like and most HA-fillers are combined with Lidocaine to help minimize pain during and after the treatment. Hyaluronic Acid filler results typically last 6-18 months. All HA fillers can easily be dissolved and are considered the safest of fillers for this reason.
We offer the following HA Dermal Fillers:
- Juvéderm products: Ultra XC, Ultra Plus XC, VOLUMA XC, VOLBELLA XC, VOLLURE XC
- Restylane products: Restylane L, Lyft, Refyne, Defyne, Kysse, and Contour
- Revanesse products: Versa, Revanesse Lips+
What should I know before my filler appointment?
- Avoid blood thinners and supplements (i.e. Aspirin, Fish Oil, and Ibuprofen).
- Avoid alcohol for 48-72 prior to injections.
- If prone to fever blisters, contact our office prior to your appointment. Your provider may suggest you take a medication a few days prior to prevent a breakout.
What do I need to do after my injections?
- No exercise for at leasts 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid alcohol and foods high in sodium for approximately 48 hours after treatment.
- Do not pick, massage or rub the area treated. Avoid applying makeup over injection sites for 8-12 hours post treatment.
- Arnica cream may be applied to minimize inflammation and bruising.
- Ice periodically (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) throughout the day following your injections. This will help minimize bruising, discomfort and swelling.